Monday, July 27, 2009

Sooner than we thought...

I was so busy over the weekend I forgot to update everyone about my doctors appointment on Friday, I was scheduled for my regular 31 week check up and as soon as the doctor walked in the room she says "oh you look like your ready to pop, how many weeks are you?" I replied with "31 weeks and 1 day" she then asks if I'm sure, I'm going off what my emails tell me and the due date you guys gave me, and she reminds me that the due date they gave me is based off the dates I gave them.....I've never been one to keep track of those things so I very well could have been wrong...So she took the measurements of my uterus and said she is sure my dates are off, and she needs to do another ultrasound to take Penelope's measurements to see when a more realistic due date is.

Now I'm completely fine with my Tiny Dancer coming sooner, because honestly before God I do not feel like I will be alive in nine weeks, I'm just not going to make it, not at this rate! I was scared at first because we had nothing but a pile of books and stuffed animals from her Ya Ya and Gag (her grandmas), so poor little Nelly would be naked but well educated. We haven't even started our birthing classes yet, so we would not know what to do! So we are scheduled for our ultrasound on the 10th of August, they wanted me to stay that day but I had to many things to do and I would have been there all day. I have also been having so many braxton hicks, two weeks ago we almost went to the hospital because they kept getting worse and closer together, after about two hours and a hot bath they were not as sharp anymore and after laying down for a bit they went away, and ever since then they have been more frequent but never more than 3 an hour. So the doctor said to call if I have five in one hour.

We had our baby shower this weekend and had so much fun!! Penelope got lots of great things and now if she comes early we will be ready! We finished painting the nursery and just have to get it all set up, right now her room is just full of gifts, I have still have to go through everything and see what sizes we have and what things she still needs right away but every time I sit down to do it I get side tracked because it's all so cute, then I get tired and end up in bed! Penelope and I are usually in bed these days by 6:00pm and sleep by 7:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment