Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hands off he knees...Please!

So we started our birthing classes last night, and for some reason I think it might finally be real for Anthony! We are taking them at the new Wellness Center at Howard County Hospital which is very nice, it was us and six other couples. As expected we are youngest couple in the class, most of the couples looked to be at least 20 years older than both of us! Our instructor is pretty weird which made it fun for Anthony, she is an older woman who walked around the entire class with her hot pink shirt tucked neatly into her big white underwear! She showed us a few different techniques to help with breathing and pain. She also gave us some exercises that we can do at home together to help prepare for Penelope's birth and surprisingly it seemed as though Anthony was enjoying the fact that he actually had a part in the process, or some responsibility I should say. I could hardly contain my laughter when she had the men and women doing kegel exercises, and was actually going around to check to make sure everyone had a tight butt!She gave us a few homework assignments which included Anthony measuring bottle caps in centimeters to help him have a better understanding of the dilation process, which his face was priceless when she showed the actual chart of what 1 centimeter looks like and went all the way up to 10 centimeters! All in all it was a lot of fun especially when Anthony payed me back for my nasty attitude at dinner...my knees are very sensitive, if anyone touches them I just about loose it and freak out and come very close to wetting my pants...well one of our exercises includes your partner placing his hands on your knees, while you are sitting in a chair and pushing back on your knees. Anthony found it so funny that I was freaking out he decided to tell the instructor that he didn't think he was doing it right, so that she would come over and do it, which of course results with me freaking out and jumping every time she goes to place her hands on my knees. Anthony and the rest of class are just dying laughing! I had to tell her what was going on so she would stop before I wet my pants right on the brand new chairs!

I'm looking forward to paying Anthony back next week when we get to watch the birthing video...and I'll make sure he has a full stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment